Wednesday 27 March 2013

Paper crafts, the basics I: TOOLS

In this post I will show you the basic tools you'll need to do paper crafts. First of all, you'll need a pencil, a rubber, scissors, a ruler and a bone or plastic folder. Folders are great for doing origami, for example, and they are very useful for all kinds of paper crafts. As I said, there are bone folders and plastic folders. I have a plastic one and it works great, but if you want a durable one you should buy a bone one, which is more expensive.


You'll also need punches, they offer you a lot of possibilities. You can find a great punches with a wide variety of shapes and sizes. Most of the punches I have are of the brand Artemio, which is quite affordable. Punches to round corners are great, too!









String is also very useful as you'll see in the next posts. You can find a great variety of string, but I have to say that my favorite is the natural one.


Another basic thing you'll need is paper, of course! But I won't talk about it in this post, you'll have to wait for the next one, in which I'll give you some tips. There are other useful tools such as templates and washi tape that I'll show you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment